Amangiri in Canyon Point, Southern Utah - Amangiri which means Peaceful Mountain is located close to the border of Arizona about 25 minutes to Page, AZ. The resort is tucked into a protected valley with sweeping views over colourful, stratified rock towards the Grand Staircase – Escalante National Monument. It has been designed to blend into the landscape with natural hues, materials and textures a feature of the design. Many of their suites offer some type of outdoor bed in which you can sleep the night away. I have never been truly pulled towards this type of landscape but come thing about this resort is calling my name. To read a detail overview of Amangiri click here - Amangiri Overview
AKA Central Park in New York City - These expansive, light-filled one-bedroom Penthouses of nearly 900 square feet are located on the private 17th floor. The meticulously designed custom interiors create a relaxing, zen-like atmosphere. Complete with mini-kitchen, luxurious one and one half bathrooms is clad in limestone with the master bath featuring a spa shower fit for two, with an invigorating rain-shower head as well as a chill-chasing steam shower. Further, the exclusive apartments are surrounded by spectacular 1500 square foot wraparound terraces with metal clad wood burning fireplaces, lounging and dining areas, and breathtaking city views in three directions. This outdoor sleeping space might not be the quietest around but certainly pretty cool!
L'Albereta Resort in Franciacorta, on Lake Iseo, province of Brescia, Italy - A charming 5star resort that is in the style of a fabulous Italian Villa (Oh, wait it is an Italian Villa) is also a Relais & Chateaux property. Less than hour from Milan you can sleep in serious luxury under the stellas (stars in Italian). The Cabriolet Suite has a roof that can slide away with the click of a button ~ talking about bringing the outdoors in!
Affinia Gardens, located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan - While you may not be sleeping literally under the stars at Affinia Gardens they give you that outdoor feeling as an option before you crawl into your cozy interior bed OR rent a TENT for the family from Affinia's Terrace Menu. Affinia features a new terrace menu enticing guests to kick back and relax, eat and play outside in Private Garden Terrace Suites on the first floor of the hotel.
Each terrace features more than 600 square feet of space, including brick patio, cast iron table with four chairs, and fence, providing a comfortable, and private, outdoor space. Inside, guests will enjoy accommodations bigger than many New York City apartments at more than 1,000 square feet, including fully equipped kitchens! The á la carte terrace menu is available weather permitting and includes:
- S’mores-making kit for a late night snack starting at $25 per kit
- Tents and flashlights for families with children starting at $35 per day
- Breakfast or picnic lunch bags starting at $19.95 per bagged meal
- Romantic dinners Beer or wine tasting.
- Sunscreen and towels for sunbathing, free!
- Seasonal items to decorate during the holidays such as the Fourth of July starting at $50 per kit
- Private, customized dining experience on the roof designed for you by Executive Chef Nicole Pederson from C-House
- Bottle of champagne
- Private outdoor movie screening with Late night snacks
- Breakfast in bed (inside or out) from C-House
- Battery operated lanterns and flashlights, perfect for telling ghost stories
- Telescope, constellation map and compass for examining and mapping the stars
- Board Games & a DVD library of camp-themed movies, such as The Parent Trap, available from the front desk upon request