Last year we did a Family Favorite Things Box (just like Oprah). Each member of our family ALL SIX of us chose a few of our favorite things to place in the box and added a little story attached as to why we included these items.
- My husband put a mini putting green in for his favorite thing of golf!
- We put in a bag of blueberry mini-muffins to represent the babies favorite snack at the time -Blueberries!
- My middle daughter put in a chess set since she was involved in Chess club at school.
- I had put SPOT IT by Blue Orange in as my new favorite game among other things
- My oldest is an avid reader. Last year her favorite books were Warrior Books. So she included a copy of one the Warrior books she had already read.
|Warriors Books by Erin Hunter click here to view the many titles|
- My son included LEGOS as one of his favorite items. I was so excited to find these cute little Christmas Lego kits!
|Snowman Lego Kit|
|Christmas Tree Lego Kit|
Special Christmas Light Viewing Glasses, Christmas cookies and so much more!
|Christmas Light Viewing Glasses|
One of my favorite years was the Christmas Camping Kit. I had found great tents at Target on SALE. From there the idea was born. In the Christmas camping kit they got a tent, flashlights, hot chocolate, a Duraflame log with Christmas matches, Christmas Pillow Cases (that my mom made from material I got on sale ~ crafty little booger she is), Christmas DVD and CDs, special Christmas stories with each kids name in it. I know there was more but this one was several years ago. The premise was that they would get an instruction sheet similar to the Christmas Light Viewing Car Kit sheet instructing them to pitch tent in living room, make fire in fireplace, make hot cocoa, change pillow cases, get into cozy pj's, put on CD, read the stories, etc.
|not really the tents I found nor my family (but cute picture right?) |